A Randomly Selected Newspaper Headline:

The following is a randomly selected newspaper headline from many years ago:

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I assure you I always read and appreciate everything you have to say. Unfortunately, thanks to Blogger being, well . . . Blogger, I can not respond to comments nor leave any on your blogs. They simply disappear into the ether. Occasionally I will remember to respond in the next blog post I put up, but usually these good intentions slip my mind. So if you want to ask a question or get a response to any comments you may have please leave an email address or other contact method in your comment and I will get back to you.

I have also added a separate page to the blog for the Tower of Magic with a brief summary of all the rooms of the ToM in the one spot. The link is just below this and above the main body of the blog, or you can just click here.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It Couldn't Last . . .

I had planned to leave the walls of the folly bland beige, inside and out.  Whenever I had tried to do a bland neutral colour before, I've almost always changed my mind, so wht should the folly be an exception?  The outside walls have gone from bland beige to teal green livened up by striking red railings.


 The doors that came with the kit have had most of their internal divisions removed.  The large panels at the bottom will be filled with a solid panel with some sort of oriental motif to decorate them while the upper sections will have an open fretwork pattern.  The railings have been made from balsa wood in an oriental pattern punctuated by round pillars that "support" the roof.  The pillars are connected to each other and to the front wall of the building by more balsa wood beams.  

 
The steps were supposed to sit in the middle of the front.  I cut them down to sit off the side of the porch.  I wonder now if I shouldn't take out the middle section of rail and put them back in front.  What do you think?


Inside, the upstairs walls have changed from beige to yellow.  An oriental patterned fabric creates a panelled effect around the bottom of the walls.  A bamboo placemat has been cut to size and stained a dark chocolate colour to create the floor.


 Downstairs has been a number of colours, none of which I've liked.  As I'm supposed to be finishing the outside first and still have to address the roof before the outside is finished, I will have a week or two to consider what to do with the downstairs room. 





4 comments:

  1. Love the red! It is going to be great.

    Hugs,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your railings in particular are brilliant. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks D.S. Victoria and Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA HA! Alennka, It is BEAUTIFUL! Some of us just Can't live with beige! I would be like you! I think the red is BRILLIANT with the teal! I think the stairs should go back to the middle of the front... more ceremonial that way. I think this is proving to be a Gorgeous creation! Keep up the Great work!

    ReplyDelete