A Randomly Selected Newspaper Headline:

The following is a randomly selected newspaper headline from many years ago:

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I assure you I always read and appreciate everything you have to say. Unfortunately, thanks to Blogger being, well . . . Blogger, I can not respond to comments nor leave any on your blogs. They simply disappear into the ether. Occasionally I will remember to respond in the next blog post I put up, but usually these good intentions slip my mind. So if you want to ask a question or get a response to any comments you may have please leave an email address or other contact method in your comment and I will get back to you.

I have also added a separate page to the blog for the Tower of Magic with a brief summary of all the rooms of the ToM in the one spot. The link is just below this and above the main body of the blog, or you can just click here.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Basement Begins


The basement level of the castle is progressing with the internal walls added and given a stone look finish to match the floors.  The finished castle will open on both sides, rather than from the front or back as most dollshouses typically do.  The above photo is the left side which houses the stair tower and two other basement rooms which will likely be a well room (to provide the castle's water supply) and either a store room or an alchemists lab.  Yeah, alchemists lab sounds like more fun to me too.


The opposite side of the basement level is currently one big open space.  This will be divided into sections by adding bars to create a dungeon/cell and a treasury with a guard room in-between them.  Of course, housing the castle's treasure in full view of the castle's prisoners may not be the best idea . . . . so maybe I'll swap the positions of the treasury and the alchemists lab.


The ceilings on this level will be barrel vaulted (i.e. arched).  I'm achieving this by cutting some EVA foam to size and 'squishing' it into shape.  At this point the ceilings aren't quite finished or installed but hopefully you can get the idea of how they should look.


As you can see from overhead, the ceilings are currently very uneven.  I will cut some ribs out of balsa which will sit on top of the foam ceiling and under the solid floor of the next level and help hold the ceiling to an even curve.  But that is still to be done . . .

1 comment:

  1. Tus avances tienen un aspecto genial,esas piedras son muy realistas!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete