Many miniaturists seem to have the problem of the closer it gets to Christmas, the less time they have to work on dollshouses. I am no exception to this and thus have little progress to share with you this week.
I dug into my collection of furniture and played with various arrangements to decide what will go where. Once happy with what I had I made a start adapting and painting some of the pieces I want to use, but so far have finished none of them. I have drawn a few designs for the pieces I need to make, but have settled on none of them.
I found some brocade fabric in the shop and instantly knew what to do with it. I cut out one of the medallion designs from the fabric and hung it on the wall as a wall hanging. It hangs above one of the unfinished pieces of furniture.
I went into the local newsagents durring the week and spotted the current issue of "Victorian Dollshouse Collector" magazine. It came with a floor rug and three vases. This is one of the vases:
How could I resist. It is perfect for the folly. Another of the three vases and the rug will also work in the folly if I can find room for them. I have to admit I've collected so many bits and pieces for the folly I doubt they will all be able to squeeze in!