A Randomly Selected Newspaper Headline:

The following is a randomly selected newspaper headline from many years ago:

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I assure you I always read and appreciate everything you have to say. Unfortunately, thanks to Blogger being, well . . . Blogger, I can not respond to comments nor leave any on your blogs. They simply disappear into the ether. Occasionally I will remember to respond in the next blog post I put up, but usually these good intentions slip my mind. So if you want to ask a question or get a response to any comments you may have please leave an email address or other contact method in your comment and I will get back to you.

I have also added a separate page to the blog for the Tower of Magic with a brief summary of all the rooms of the ToM in the one spot. The link is just below this and above the main body of the blog, or you can just click here.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Australian Talent

January 26th is Australia Day, the anniversay of the arrival of the First Fleet and the day when Australians celebrate being Aussie.  So to celebrate I'd like to share with you a selection of delightful blogs about miniatures created by talented Australians.

Here they are in no particular order:

In sunny (or is that rainy) Queensland Christine of Hollyhock Cottage is creating a 1940s cottage inspired by her love of the works of Enid Blyton.

Lidi of Basketcase Miniatures hails from New South Wales and is a IGMA member.  Her specialty is weaving baskets in 1/12th scale.

Sydneysider Linda of Linda's Miniature Musings  has worked on diverse properies such as a WWII shop, a witch's residence and a french chatteau.

Still in Sydney is Norma of Make Mine Mini.  She's currently rennovating a house rescued from the rubbish and so far it's looking fabulous.

Tasmanian Linda of Une Petite Folie has created the most amazing french style mansion.

Fluffy Bricks is a blog that "showcases interesting, beautiful, and bizarre dollhouse miniatures."  Although the blog's owner is Australian based it shares wonderful miniatures from around the globe.


Queenslander Marion has created three blogs.  The Witches Cottage  details her work on a cottage she began as part of a class with Rik Pierce.  The Florist similarly charts the progress on her florist shop (gotta love the bricks/stonework here) while Marion's Miniatures showcases her other miniature works.

Sandra from Sydney runs the blog Snippets from my Studio and creates the most amazing smaller scale houses and items.


There are more talented Aussies out there.  Some no doubt that I've missed when making this list, some whose blogs I've yet to discover.

3 comments:

  1. Felicitaciones por la festividad!
    Gracias por esos enlaces.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooo how excitement thank you!!! theres a couple of blogs i hadnt seen before :D Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Australia Day, Alennka. What a coincidence. I hadn't been to your blog for a while and wanted to see what you'd been up to. To my surprise I notice you have showcased us Aussies. Thank you so much! You're a very organised person. I can tell from your work and your blog. Love it! Bye for now
    Marion

    ReplyDelete