A Randomly Selected Newspaper Headline:

The following is a randomly selected newspaper headline from many years ago:

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I assure you I always read and appreciate everything you have to say. Unfortunately, thanks to Blogger being, well . . . Blogger, I can not respond to comments nor leave any on your blogs. They simply disappear into the ether. Occasionally I will remember to respond in the next blog post I put up, but usually these good intentions slip my mind. So if you want to ask a question or get a response to any comments you may have please leave an email address or other contact method in your comment and I will get back to you.

I have also added a separate page to the blog for the Tower of Magic with a brief summary of all the rooms of the ToM in the one spot. The link is just below this and above the main body of the blog, or you can just click here.

Thursday, February 4, 2016

A Workshop, a Cottage, and a House . . .


One of two new projects I've started work upon is yet another room for the Tower of Magic.  This is the last of the boxes I've been using for the ToM so unless I can find more to match this might be the last room of the ToM as well.  The room is the 'Workshop' where assorted magical devices and contraptions are built.


 The Workshop has an open stone fireplace which can be employed as a forge to heat metals for working.  In the corner beside the fire is a stone stair that disappears behind the chimney and provides the illusion of access to the room.


The furniture in the workshop has been painted in a range of different colours and for a change I actually like how the paints I've chosen are working together.


While waiting for paint and glue to dry at various stages in the Workshop I filled in time by starting my next Petite Properties kit.  It's another 48th scale property and is called 'Woodnock Cottage'.


Woodnock is another rear open job (I won't remind you again how much I dislike open at the rear houses) but in this case altering it to be front opening wasn't really practical so I've assembled it more or less as the manufacturer intended.  I really must be slipping.


The main room on the ground floor is going to be a country tea room.


The adjoining room will be the kitchen where the goods on offer in the tea room will be prepared.  


There are also two rooms upstairs.  At this point I'm not certain whether these will be an apartment for the operators of the tea room to live in or possibly a more 'commercial' space, say an art gallery selling local landscapes or a shop selling handicrafts?


One change I did make to the basic kit was to move the internal wall dividing these upstairs rooms across a bit so I get two good sized rooms instead of one huge and one small room.


Finally I went into the local Post Office the other day and found this child's dollshouse kit reduced to $20 from $90.  How could I refuse?  It's about 24th scale in size and very nicely finished for a basic child's toy.  Now the only question is what to do with it . . . ?

1 comment:

  1. Tienes dos proyectos muy interesantes en marcha!! La habitación de magia tiene un aspecto excelente!!
    El kit a escala de 1/48 me parece una casa preciosa,te va a quedar genial!!
    Y esa casa que has comprado tan barata,está muy bien y tiene grandes posibilidades,seguro que algo se te ocurrirá!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete